QuickDic restored is a very fast dictionary app for Android.
1. Install the QuickDic dictionary app on your Android device, open the app and without selecting a language close the app.
2. Download the PA-German-English.quickdic file to your Android device.
3. Using the file manager on your Android device, copy the PA-German-English.quickdic file from your download folder to your quickdic file folder.
This folder is found in: Internal storage/Android/data/de.reimarddoeffinger.quickdic/files.
4. Open the QuickDic app and select English PDC or PA-German-English dictionary and you are all done.
This is another good dictionary app for Android devices.
1. Download and extract DfM Dictionary.zip file.
2. Install DictionaryForMIDS app. The first time you open the app it wants you to select a dictionary.
3. Select "from file."
4. Select "download."
5. Select “DfM_DBDicV (Eng-PaGer)_engpdc_3.5.8."
6. Select "dictionary."
7. Select “Load dictionary from current directory.” The dictionary is now loaded. You can change the settings for better search results.
ColorDict is a dictionary app for Android that integrates with Moon+ Reader. This dictionary works well if you like using Moon+ Reader for reading and studying.
1. Install ColorDict Dictionary on your Android device.
2. Set ColorDict as your default dictionary in Moon Reader settings.
3. Download the Stardict.zip file and extract.
4. Using the file explorer, copy the extracted Stardict folder to the dictdata folder.
5. Open ColorDict and in the settings reindex the dictionaries. Now when you look up a word in Moon Reader the PA-German word should be the first on the list.
Fora dictionary is another offline dictionary. This is the only dictionary app we have that works with Apple iOS at this time. According to the website it can also be installed on Windows or Linux computers.
I have limited experience with iOS and can't verify that everything works.
After installing the app, select 'Options' then select 'Import from URL' and enter:
Then follow the instructions and it should install the dictionary. You can also click on the Details button for more information on the app and dictionary.
Anki is an electronic flashcard program that works on Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, and any device that has a web browser. I created an anki package called a “deck” with many common PA-German phrases and expressions. These phrases have the sound recorded so you can hear the pronunciation for each phrase as you learn it.
Study Blue is an electronic flashcard app for iOS, Android, and online. Download the appropriate app from the app store and search for PA-German. You will find hundreds of flashcards of both words and phrases.